0 miles from French Broad River
Book your outdoor escape at 'Riverwalk Studio,' vacation rental which sleeps 6 and enjoys long frontage on the French Broad River! This 1.5-story zen mountain studio has it all! A delightful great room, equipped kitchen, deck with a grill, hammocks, faerie garden, riverside private tent deck, a community pavilion with a campfire pit. Whether you're inspired by nature's beauty or enjoy white water, hiking, cycling, or a festival, this is an ideal North Carolina mountain-river getaway!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Great Room: Deluxe Memory Foam Queen Sleeper Sofa | Loft: King Bed w/ Tempur-ProForm Mattress Topper | Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds with Tempur-Tops
Nestled between the scenic Pisgah and Cherokee National Forests and the French Broad River, the 'RiverWalk Studio' offers a zen option to be immersed in the woods as well as the waters of these ancient mountains. Balance the peaceful serenity of the eastern songbirds with the delight of the old laughing river full of life! Hop in the refreshing French Broad River by day, then wet your whistle on a cool local brew with fresh mountain trout at a Hot Springs' eatery of your choice.
Step inside this colorful studio with high wraparound windows offering cathedral views of the tall oaks and maples nearby. The hardwood and pine floors add contrast to the vibrant interiors reflecting the abundant natural sunlight.
Spend a sunny afternoon with your (river-wet) companions at our community's covered pavilion on the French Broad River. You certainly will want to bring your own kayaks, tubes, rafts, or fishing poles to use throughout your trip! There's no better way to finish a day on the river than roasting hot dogs and s' mores at the fire pit. You may want to buy an Asheville ENO hammock that will allow you to choose your napping trees wherever you are on your vacation.
If you're lucky, prep your catch-of-the-day in the studio galley kitchen with an outdoor grill and all of the essentials - a blender for daiquiris, smoothies or a K-cup press (BYO pods)! Dine in the spacious great room or al fresco under the umbrella and canopy of tall trees!
When you're ready to call it a night, you'll have your choice between a king-sized bed, or a pair of twin beds – all with Tempur mattress toppers in the loft, or the deluxe memory-foam queen sleeper sofa on the main floor.
Don't forget to make memories with the young-at-heart by meandering through the Faerie Garden (wearing faerie wings, etc.) - and exploring the forests. Or, hide in one of the hammocks to catch up on your favorite book or sneak a 'nature nap.'
Do take time to gaze into the starry starry night… with minimal air pollution to hinder your view. Hope you get to make a wish on a shooting star!
-- THE LOCATION --
'RiverWalk' Community is in a 'Certified Wildlife Habitat' granted by the National Wildlife Federation. There is a great diversity of birds, wildlife, and plant families in this Chestnut Oak Ecosystem along this ancient river valley!
After you arrive, you'll want to walk down to the waters of the French Broad River and spend your day lounging riverside! This quaint riverfront area is perfect for a refreshing float in an inner tube or paddling around the islands. If you're not an Olympic swimmer, you best tether to a tree to avoid a float-trip to the Gulf of Mexico.
Don't miss a leisurely mile walk (or ride) down the pristine River Road (old trade route) to see the 4,500-year-old Native American pictographs on historic Paint Rock. If you're an experienced climber, you'll love the high look-out of the river bend at the state line. We suggest you explore Cherokee National Forest Paint Creek Recreation Corridor following the creek up to the swimming hole with picnic tables, bathrooms, waterfalls, and hiking trails. (Take your tubes, life jackets because of strong currents).
The best place to start your tour of Hot Springs is at the Visitor Center, where you can get maps of the town along with hikes to Lovers' Leap, Max Patch, and Trust. Plan to dine out at several of the many local cafes and diners with live music! Visit the gift and gear shops, and don't miss the original Gentry Hardware.
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that?s on your mind. It?s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, spacious great room, loft, private deck with an umbrella table for 6, hammocks, gas grill, board games as well as arts and crafts and a faerie garden play-time basket, Fiber Optics are coming soon for WiFi and land-line. A flat-screen monitor with HDMI cable and a DVD player are available,
- The Riverside area offers guests a covered pavilion with a picnic table, a fire pit, ring-toss, river put-in and take-out, and a campfire pit for roasting hot dogs and marsh mellows… making s' mores. The gate codes will be available to drive down with your snacks and equipment to park riverside. (Please lock the gate behind you).
- Fantastic Hot Springs location - 'RiverWalk' is 6 miles downriver from the famous old railroad resort town of Hot Springs, which boasts a historic mineral springs spa (hot tub reservations suggested), occasional festivals, and easy access to the Appalachian Trail or other trails. Nearby/Hot Springs also has tubing and white-water kayaking opportunities, fly/fishing, zip-lines, trail rides, gem mines and mountain biking. Lots of great eateries with live music! It's best to start at the visitor center!
- The 'RiverWalk Studio' is in the Pisgah National Forest, 1.5 miles (gentle walk) down the river to Historic Paint Rock Pictographs (where the paving begins) in the Cherokee National Forest Recreation Park!
- Airports: Asheville Regional Airport (~50 miles away), Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (~113 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No gunfire or target shooting
- No guest gatherings after dark at the shared riverside common areas
- No overnight camping anywhere on the shared riverside due to flash floods
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Bright-eyed children pre-K and up are welcome
- RiverWalk Studio is ideal for 6 people: 1 - 3 couples, small retreats or a family
- RiverWalk Cottage nearby sleeps 4 people with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- RiverWalk Studio and Cottage are 165 steps apart; separate entries and parking. See Evolve Listing #441445. Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in