0 miles from French Broad River
Book an outdoor escape at 'RiverWalk Studio,’ a 1-bedroom, 1-loft, 1.5-bath vacation rental which sleeps 6, and has frontage on the French Broad River! This 1.5-story zen mountain cottage has it all: cozy great room, equipped kitchen, deck with a grill, hammocks, faerie garden, private pavilion with grill and a fire pit. Whether you're here to be inspired by nature’s beauty or enjoy white water, hiking, cycling or a festival, this is an ideal NC mountain-river getaway!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds | Loft: King Bed w/ TEMPUR-ProForm Mattress Topper | Living Room: Deluxe Memory Foam Queen Sleeper Sofa
Nestled between the scenic Pisgah and Cherokee National Forests and the French Broad River, the 'RiverWalk Studio' offers a zen option to 'be' fully immersed in the woods as well as the waters of the mountains. Balance the peaceful serenity of the Eastern songbirds with the delight of the old laughing river full of life! Hop in the refreshing French Broad River by day then wet your whistle on a cool local brew with fresh mountain trout at a Hot Springs’ eatery afterward.
Step inside this colorful residential studio with high wraparound windows offering cathedral views of the tall oaks and maples nearby. The hardwood and pine floors add contrast to the vibrant interiors reflecting the abundant natural sunlight.
Spend a sunny afternoon with your (river-wet) companions at our community’s covered pavilion on the French Broad River. You certainly will want to bring your own kayaks, tubes, rafts, or fishing poles to use throughout your trip! There's no better way to finish a day on the river than roasting hot dogs and s'mores at the fire pit.
If you’re lucky, prep your catch-of-the-day in the studio galley kitchen with an outdoor grill and all of the essentials - a blender for daiquiris, smoothies or a choice of K-cups! Dine in the spacious great room or al fresco under the umbrella and canopy of tall hardwoods!
When you're ready to call it a night, you'll have your choice between the 2 twin beds, a king-sized bed with TEMPUR-ProForm mattress topper in the loft, or the deluxe memory-foam queen sleeper sofa in the main floor living room.
Don’t forget to make memories with the young-at-heart by meandering through the Faerie Garden (faerie attire included) - and exploring the forests. Or, hide in one of our hammocks to catch up on your favorite book or sneak a relaxing nature nap? Enjoy an uncontaminated starry night sky by rolling out the SKY MAT in the grass to see stars not seen in the city night skies. Every season brings new beauty to the 'RiverWalk Studio,' and we hope you love the peacefulness and tranquility found as much as we do!
-- THE LOCATION --
'RiverWalk Studio' is a 'Certified Wildlife Habitat' from the National Wildlife Federation. There is a great diversity of birds, wildlife and plant families in this Chestnut Oak Ecosystem along this ancient river valley!
After you arrive, you’ll want to walk down to be near the waters of the French Broad River and spend your day lounging riverside! This quaint riverfront area is perfect for a refreshing float in an inner tube or paddling around the islands. If you’re not a strong swimmer, you’ll want to connect to one of the ropes to keep you close to the shore.
Don’t miss a leisurely 1.5-mile walk (or ride) down the historic river trade route to see the 4500+ year-old Native American pictographs on “Paint Rock.” If you’re a climber, you’ll love the high look-out river views on the state line at Historic Paint Rock. (You may want to take a ride up to the swimming hole with picnic tables, bathrooms, waterfalls and hiking trails in Cherokee National Forest Recreation Area).
You will also want to explore the historic town of Hot Springs and enjoy the historic Spa. And enjoy some of the local cafes, gift and gear shops, and the original Gentry Hardware. The best place to start is at the Visitor Center (where you can get hiking maps and directions to Max Patch and Trust.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, spacious great room, loft, private deck with an umbrella table for 6, hammocks, gas grill, board games as well as arts and crafts, a flat-screen HDMI cable TV w/ a DVD player, free WiFi (can be sporadic), faerie garden play-time basket, a star-gazing mat, reserved parking, and more!
- The Riverside area offers guests a covered pavilion with picnic tables, a fire pit, games, river put-in and take-out, and a grill. The gate codes will be available to drive down with your snacks and equipment to park.
- Fantastic Hot Springs location - 'RiverWalk Studio' is 6 miles downriver from the famous old railroad town of Hot Springs which boasts a historic spa, multiple festivals, plenty of hiking, and easy access to the Appalachian Trail. Hot Springs also has plenty of tubing and kayaking, (fly-) fishing, zip-lines, trail rides, gem mines, rivers, and mountain biking. The town also has a variety of year-round gift and gear shops, Gentry Hardware and local eateries with live music! It's best to start at the visitor center!
- The 'RiverWalk Studio' is in the Pisgah National Forest, 1.5 miles (gentle walk) downriver to Historic Paint Rock and the look-out area (paved road begins) in the Cherokee National Forest Recreation Park!
AVL: Asheville Regional Airport (~52 miles away)
GSP: Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (~113 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No gunfire or target shooting
- Ideal for 1-3 couples, small retreats or a family
- Bright-eyed children pre-K and up are welcome
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- If you're traveling with more than 6 guests, check the availability of the additional 2-bedroom vacation rental near the property (listing #338957 on the Evolve website) Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
- NOTE: Guests are prohibited from sleeping in the tent at the pavilion
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in